Monday, March 16, 2009

Have You Forgotten?

So..this weekend, I went to Winterfest, a huge youth retreat in Knoxville, TN. It was my 6th year going, yet every year I am amazed. It is so encouraging to see 25,000 young people excited about worshipping God. Now that I'm home, I don't feel like I'm on a "spiritual high" gained at a youth retreat, that will fade in a few days. No...God took me higher..it was incredible. Anyway..I'm rambling because to be completely honest, I'm still in awe of everything that I experienced. But, this blog is specifically for the sermon that was preached Sunday morning. All of the sermons were amazing..but this one was particularly eye opening. Reggie Dabbs preached, and his text came from a book that I completely overlook..the book of Hosea. He told the story of Hosea in modern terms...very interesting.

The main scripture was Hosea 2:13

" 'She decks herself with rings and jewelry and goes to meet her lover, but Me she forgot,' says the Lord."

How many times do we "forget" about God? It is so easy to allow other people, or situations distract us. We allow our thoughts to become completely occupied with other things, and we lose our focus on God. This breaks His heart, and is like we are slapping Him in the face. I don't want to break Gods heart. He loves us so much, and all He wants is our love and devotion to Him in return. If we could just put God at the core of our lives, and be completely and totally focused on Him, everything else will fall into place. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment