Monday, February 23, 2009

Seeking Peace....

Do you ever find yourself in a situation that you really aren't sure how to handle? I am often faced with circumstances that I have no idea how to deal with. I seem to be very capable of helping others handle their problems, but when it comes to my own life, I find myself feeling completely clueless. It is in these tough situations that I pray for the peace of God. I've lately found that the way to find peace is to seek God. Not to seek His hand, and what He can do, but to seek His face. When we worship God, and seek after His face, and His heart, we are able to get into His presence. In His presence, the saying "Let go and let God", truly is possible. We can release our problems, and tell Him about our situations. When we get into His presence, He changes us, breaks chains that hold us captive, mends our brokenness, calms our fears, and gives peace that passes all understanding-peace that only He can give. He says for those who are weary or heavy laden to come unto Him, and He will give them rest. Tonight, if you are facing a situation you don't understand, and you need the peace of God, I encourage you to worship and seek after Him. Open up your heart, and allow Him to surround you with His overwhelming peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment